Top 10 reasons to import Mexican footwear.
Mexico is now the 9th largest producer of footwear in the world; new trade channels have been created in order to export larger quantities of footwear to the rest of the world. Being an important center for both the trade and the manufacturing of footwear, more and more brands are looking to Mexico to identify business opportunities. Below we have outlined the 10 top reasons why you should consider buying in Mexico.
Mexico exports the equivalent of billions of dollars around the world every year and is one of the top footwear exporters in the world. Every year, the percentage of shoes that reaches other parts of the world rises; in 2017, more than 26 million pairs were exported, the majority sent to the United States, Japan and other countries.
Some of the major attributes that make Mexico’s manufacturing industry one of the leading exporters are:
- There is no type of footwear that cannot be made in Mexico
- The manufacturing methods and some of the traditional techniques used to make footwear are unique to Mexico, they cannot be found elsewhere.
- The quality of the materials, especially the leather, is exclusive and intricate.
- Speed to market, flexibility and minimum costs
- Free trade agreements with more than 40 countries with 0% tariffs.
- Market characteristics include personalization, quality and differentiation.
- Mexico’s footwear industry dates back to 400 years, and has market diversification.
- Cutting-edge brands and design that are well positioned in the market and ready to export.
- New business opportunities have emerged through new clients and channels, such as e-commerce, a marketing tool that makes a huge difference.
- Factories that have the capacity to work under a private label programs.
These are just 10 reasons why you should start doing business in Mexico. We guarantee that our footwear will always follow the latest trends and boast first-class quality. It is time for you to get to know the new generation of Mexico footwear.